If your child is absent, please call 423-318-0174 and leave a message.
The PDO hours of operation are from 9:00 a.m.—2:30 p.m. A fee of $5 will be charged beginning at 2:35 p.m. and $1/ minute added for every minute thereafter.
In an effort to keep the children, staff, and facility healthy, we ask that you keep your child home under the following conditions:
- Diarrhea (more than 6 times in the last 24 hours)
- Vomiting (2 or more episodes in the last 24 hours)
- Temperature 100º+
- Ear Infection—while ear infections are not contagious, the upper respiratory infections that cause ear infections are. In addition, children are often very uncomfortable and cannot be cared for adequately while in the company of other children.
- Strep Throat—once a child has had 24 hours of antibiotics, he/ she is not contagious and may be brought back to class if he/she is feeling better.
- Chicken Pox—when pox marks are scabbed and dry, the child may return to the classroom.
- Pinkeye—24 hours of treatment before returning to class
- Impetigo—antibiotics 24-48 hours before returning to class